Ultimately it is up to you to choose when you wish to undertake your initial assessment against the matrix Standard. For organisations that are currently accredited and wish to retain the Standard, a review assessment must be undertaken within 3 years of the last accreditation.
You can request an assessment at any time. It is your decision when you book your assessment – you can specify the week or month that you would prefer. We recommend that you allow at least 12 weeks between booking your assessment and your preferred date. This will ensure that your Registered matrix Assessor can accommodate your requested dates and that your invoice can be sent and paid.
Some organisations prefer to use our Advisory and/or support services that are available before applying, to ensure that they are as ready as possible for assessment. Other organisations decide to go straight for assessment and use the assessment as an initial benchmark to inform their developments and improvements.
Recommended steps to get started with the matrix Standard
1. Download and read the Guidance Pack – which contains detailed guidance specific to your sector.
2. Option to complete the Self Assessment document by adding your evidence against each criterion and make a judgment on how your organisation currently sits against the matrix Standard. This will help you identify any improvement areas and strengths within your evidence.
3. If you wish to seek external support we have matrix Advisors based nationally, to check your evidence. See our Advisory Support page on the importance of choosing a trusted Adviser and the range of advisory service options available.
4. Assessment fees – See the Pricing Framework to view the estimated costs of your assessment. Our services are required to be paid in advance. Once your Assessor confirms the assessment fees, a sales invoice will be sent. Once your assessment fees are received your Assessor will contact you to formally agree to onsite dates. We recommend assessment fees be paid within 30 days of receiving your Sales Invoice in order to secure your assessment dates with your Assessor.
5. Once you are ready for an assessment please complete the Online Application Form with your preferred assessment dates. We recommend a minimum of 12 weeks notice to ensure we can meet your preferred assessment dates. You will receive an email confirmation that your booking has been received. Details of your Assessor will shortly follow and you will be contacted by your Assessor to agree to an assessment plan for your assessment visit.
Working With Us
See how The matrix Standard & IAG is working with some of our clients
Interview with Roger Chapman
Announcing the New Revised matrix Standard
What our clients say
"We have found the matrix Standard works for us and it wraps around our service in a very informative and supportive way."
What our clients say
"We constantly strive to make the programme better and better" An insight into the Premier League’s education department and how the matrix Standard is supporting their work.