Continuous Improvement Checks
Organisations who book on or after the 1st of October will need to undertake Continuous Improvemement Checks as part of their accreditation, 12 and 24 months after a successful assessment.
All organisations booking an assessment (initial or review) from 1 October 2012 onwards that subsequently achieve accreditation, will be required to demonstrate their continuous improvement activities and the potential impact of these to their Assessor, on an annual basis. This will be achieved through Continuous Improvement Checks (CICs), conducted 12 and 24 months after your organisation’s accreditation or re-accreditation date.
Your Assessor will undertake a follow-up call with you 3-months after you are successfully accredited or re-accredited. As well as support and feedback the Assessor will also discuss how the 12/24-month CIC will be conducted to suit your needs and those of the Assessor. The Assessor will also explain the time implications in order to prepare you for the CIC.
The CIC will be undertaken remotely you will be sent a CIC form detailing the Areas for Continuous Improvement (AfCI) identified at your last assessment and you can add further development areas if appropriate. You will be asked to comment/report on these areas and your Assessor will arrange a time to discuss these with you.
Your Assessor may also ask for any supporting evidence to reflect upon as part of the review. This could include the Self Assessment Review (SAR), Quality Improvement Plan (QIP), internal action plans and audit information. Feedback outcomes where applicable can also be used to inform and build on the discussions.
At the CIC your Assessor will: -
• Discuss any issues or changes or challenges the organisation may have faced over the last year, which have impacted on their CIC progress.
• Discuss and reflect on what has been completed on the CIC against the Areas for Continuous Improvement (AfCIs) and progress against these. This discussion will be open and supportive and encourage dialogue.
• It is acceptable, and indeed perhaps demonstrates ownership and commitment to Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), for organisations to identify additional development areas, which you wish to discuss. It is also possible that on reflection or following changes within the organisation, that previously identified AfCIs are no longer appropriate as long as there are valid, reliable reasons for this.
• Your Assessor will make a judgment on sufficiency and relevance of the evidence of CQI provided by the organisation in a similar way as to that which they use to make judgements when accrediting against the Standard at the assessment stage. This will include decisions on sufficiency, currency, validity and impact/outcomes.
• The result of the discussion will be provided to emqc reflecting on what has been discussed and agreed as action for the focus of the next CIC review.
• The above process is repeated at the 24-month stage although this CIC will also have an increased focus on preparing the organisation for the next accreditation review.
matrix CQI FAQs 171KB
Organisations who booked or undertook their Assessment prior to the 1st of October may also choose to opt in to the annual CIC process. There will be a charge for this service of £150 + vat per CIC. To book please download the CIC application form below.